The ASP Basic Handcuff Certification (ABC) is a 4-hour, hands-on seminar which trains participants in the operational use of the hinged and chain handcuffs, as well as the proprietary ASP flex-cuffs. The program is simple to learn and easy to understand. It provides effective mechanical restraint tactics for law enforcement and private security personnel without long hours of training. The techniques were designed to work effectively for all users, male and female, large and small, fit as well as those in less-than-peak physical condition.
The program provides portation (carrying) and presentation (drawing) procedures as well as application techniques. These tactics are quickly learned, easily practiced and readily maintained long after the program is completed.
Class Length: 2 hours classroom, 2 hours training and drills.
- Chain or hinged handcuffs, cuff case and duty belt or cuff case and sturdy belt – Cuff cases must be securely-fastened to a rigid clothing belt or duty-style belt. Cases of the molded plastic or soft varieties are both acceptable. It is recommended that police officers and private security personnel bring and wear their entire duty belts to assist in creating a more realistic training scenario. (Please ensure that firearms are NOT introduced into the classroom or training room.)
- Appropriate Clothing – Students should bring appropriate clothing to participate in the classroom portion of the presentation. Athletic clothing is recommended for hands-on training and drills.
- . Note-Taking Material – Pen, pencil, and paper to take notes with in the classroom.
The FBI Uniform Crime Reports consistently indicate the majority of police officer involved shootings occur between 18:00 and 02:00, which typically occur under reduced lighting or in conditions where no light is present. Human night vision is poor, so we depend heavily on artificial light in conditions with little or no other illumination.
At the same time, would be trouble makers and criminals know that the cover of darkness is their best friend.
With critical input from certified trainers at major law enforcement agencies around the globe, Armament Systems and Procedures (ASP), one of the leading manufacturers of law enforcement products, has developed a first of its kind training course that integrates flashlights.
ASP Tactical Flashlight Training in Florida at ESS Global Corp
“A number of programs teach the use of flashlights with firearms,” says ASP Founder and President Kevin Parsons, PhD. “ASP presents something very different. The techniques are for the other 98% of the time police officers use flashlights.”
ASP Tactical Lighting procedures are designed for everyday use by street police officers, security guards, and others in the executive protection/ close protection/ bodyguard industry;
THE ASP TACTICAL FLASHLIGHT TRAINING IN FLORIDA:
- Works effectively
- Training incorporates drills which simulate the stress of street encounters
- Provides a basic understanding of the conditions in which the product may be used, justification for use and how to document these actions
- Based on modern, court defensible standards for less lethal use of force