ASP Expandable Baton – $175
This 7-Hour Training is for protection agents, security guards and law enforcement and related occupations.
The impact weapon techniques in all ASP Expandable Baton programs are designed to meet three standards of training:
- The techniques work on the street, not just in the classroom.
- The techniques are court defensible and are backed by the nation’s most experienced use-of-force consultants.
- The program is administratively feasible for use in a contemporary private security or law enforcement agency.
Class Length: 2.0 hours classroom, 5.0 hours training and drills. 7 Hours Total
The ASP Expandable Baton is designed to be used as an impact weapon, not a come-along device. There are no complicated holds or complex moves.
ASP Expandable Baton Training in Tampa at ESS Global Corp
The ASP Basic Certification (ABC) is a 7-hour, hands-on seminar which trains the class participants in the operational use of the Expandable Baton. The ASP Expandable Baton program is simple to learn and easy to understand. It provides effective defensive impact weapon tactics for law enforcement and private security personnel, as well as responsible civilians without long hours of training. The techniques were designed to work effectively for all users, male and female, large and small, physically fit as well as those in less-than-peak physical condition.
IT IS THE ONLY OPERATOR LEVEL BATON CLASS THAT INCLUDES A REDMAN EVOLUTION!
(This portion of the course is a physically demanding part of training. This portion is not required to get certified with the baton)
The ASP Tactical Baton training provides portation (carrying) and presentation (drawing) procedures as well as striking techniques.
These tactics are quickly learned, easily practiced and readily maintained long after the program is completed.
ASP Expandable Baton Training in Tampa – Equipment Requirements
- A Heavy-duty belt or sturdy belt – Only ASP batons are permitted in this course. For this reason, we provide the batons for this class. Scabbards (holders) must be securely fastened to a rigid clothing belt or duty-style belt. Scabbards of the molded plastic or soft varieties are both acceptable. It is recommended that police officers and private security personnel bring and wear their entire duty belts to assist in creating a more realistic training scenario. (Please ensure that firearms are NOT introduced into the classroom or training room.)
- Appropriate Clothing – Students should bring appropriate clothing to participate in the classroom portion of the presentation. Athletic clothing is recommended for hands-on training and drills.
- Note-Taking Material – Pen, pencil, and paper to take notes within the classroom.
This course is 7 hours and the tuition is $175.00 (Class size is limited)