G License Training in Tampa – November 4 – November 6 2022 – ESS Academy in Tarpon Springs is your total solution for your security training and licensing needs.
ESS Academy offers the only D.O.E. Approved Class G Security Training in Florida. Class “G” licensed armed security officers are required to complete 28-hours of classroom and range instruction under the direction of a Class “K” licensed instructor over a 3-day period.
G License Training in Tampa November 4-6
The Class “G” Statewide Firearms License, issued by Florida’s Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, is the license that permits any individual who possesses a valid Class “D” Security Officer license to perform the duties of an armed security officer while on an armed post or on an armed assignment. Further, the Class “G” license permits holders of valid Class “C”, “CC”, “M”, “MA”, and “MB” licenses to perform duties while armed.
NOTE: ANYONE MAY TAKE THIS CLASS. However, in order for you to OBTAIN a Class “G” Statewide Firearms License, you MUST:
- Have completed a state-mandated 40-hour unarmed Security Officer training program, OR
- Be scheduled to complete a state-mandated 40-hour unarmed Security Officer training program, OR
- Possess a valid FL Class “D” Security Officer License, OR
- Possess a valid FL Class “CC” Private Investigator Intern License, OR
- Possess a valid FL Class “C” Private Investigator License.
As a pre-requisite for applying for the Class “G” license, an applicant must complete a state-mandated 28-hour training course, pass a written examination and successfully pass a 48-round qualification course of fire.
The 28-hour course includes in-depth curriculum modules on:
- Chapter 493 of the Florida Statutes
- 5N-1 FAC (Florida Administrative Code)
- Chapter 775 of the Florida Statutes
- Chapter 776 of the Florida Statutes
- Chapter 790 of the Florida Statutes
- Civil and Criminal Liability
- Firearms Mechanical Training
- Firearms Operations
- Use of Force
- Written Examination
- Pistol Qualification
In addition to lesson instruction and live fire training, you will be walked through the State application step-by-step to ensure that the Class “G” license application is complete and filled out properly.
Students that pass the final exam and range qualification will be given a proof of completion certificate to provide to the State when they apply for the Class “G” license.
Graduates that are issued a Florida Class “G” license must return once per year to complete annual re-qualification to retain their license. ESS has you covered there as well.
All “G” license classes are taught by a licensed class “K” Firearms Instructor.
Course Tuition: $190.00